Your wedding day will be one of the most memorable days of your life and with a little preparation, you can save yourself a lot of stress and disappointment.
12 – 16 Months
- Set your budget: This is vital to focus on from the beginning so you know how to allocate your funds to the areas that are most important to you.
- Book the venues: Venues can book out far in advance, so to make sure you find the perfect location to suit your date and budget – make sure you get in early!
- Start a vision board: Once you have the venue locked in, you will know what type of wedding you want – Garden? Beach? Black tie? It can be easy to become overwhelmed with all the choices, this will keep you on track to make sure everything comes together.
- Start dress shopping: Start window shopping and save pictures of the dresses you love.
- Say Yes to the Dress: Book a consultation with a reputable bridal shop – where experts in wedding dresses can help you work within your budget to find the most flattering style for you. They can help you find your bridesmaids attire too, so bring the girls along.
- Book the honeymoon: Take advantage of early bird discounts and start planning your romantic getaway and honeymoon suite.
- Set the guest list: Based on your budget and venue size, start working on a list of people you want at your wedding and decide if plus ones or children will be invited.
- Order the invitations and confirm the mailing addresses of your guests.
- Start consulting with a florist to design your flower arrangements and decor.
- Arrange wedding transportation.
- Secure a photographer.
- Start tailoring your dress, this will give you time to make any adjustments to make sure your dress will fit you perfectly.
- Book your hair and makeup artist.
- Book your DJ, band or MC.
- Order the delicious cake.
- Try your dress on and make sure you and your bridesmaids feel and look beautiful.
- Add some accessories to your dress – jewellery, a veil or a clutch to add to your look.
- Send out invitations.
- Confirm the flowers arrangements.
- Pick out your lingerie/shapewear and have a final dress fitting.
- Confirm your guest list and seating arrangements.
- Have a tasting menu with the venue.
- Meet with the person who will be marrying you.
Have a hair and makeup rehearsal, this is the perfect time to book your final dress fitting, so you can see what your complete look will be.
Wear in your wedding shoes and keep in mind any spots prone to blisters.
If you want any beauty treatments, have a manicure, eyebrow shape or spray tan and have a pamper session before your big day.
One the day
- Try to fit in a massage or a nice long bath.
- Have a light but filling breakfast.
- Try not to indulge in too much champagnes before the ceremony, try herbal tea while you get ready to calm any nerves.
Get ready to walk down that aisle feeling beautiful in your dream dress and marry the one.